“It’s not just nurses at stake with vaccine mandates. Respiratory techs, nursing assistants, food service employees, billing staff and other health care workers are already in short supply. According to the latest KFF/The Washington Post Frontline Health Care Workers Survey, released in April, at least one-third of health care workers who assist with patient care and administrative tasks have considered leaving the workforce.”Article: Some hospitals are foregoing vaccine mandates to avert staffing shortages
- An impending federal requirement for all healthcare staff to get the COVID-19 vaccine could exacerbate massive workforce shortage issues that are plaguing the hospital industry, a key industry group said. AHA concerned federal vaccine mandate could exacerbate severe worker shortage
- The Cleveland Clinic in Ohio has not yet mandated vaccines for their hospital staff, because they fear that it will result in staff shortages.
- Both UH and the Clinic are considering making the COVID-19 vaccine required for employees, the CEOs said. But hospitals are already severely understaffed at a time when the COVID-19 pandemic shows no signs of slowing, and the loss of caregivers could endanger patients, said Clinic CEO and president Dr. Tomislav Mihaljevic. UH, Cleveland Clinic CEOs worry COVID-19 vaccine mandates could lead to staff reduction, endangering patient care
- But burnout isn’t the only thing compounding California’s nursing shortage: The state’s new vaccine mandate for health care workers is already causing headaches for understaffed hospitals before it is even implemented. Some traveling nurses — who are in high demand nationwide — are turning down California assignments because they don’t want to get vaccinated. Nurse shortages in California reaching crisis point
- Even baby deliveries have been “paused.” What are pregnant mamas supposed to do?
- A hospital in upstate New York is “pausing” deliveries of babies because of the number of maternity unit employee resignations over the state’s Covid-19 vaccination requirements, health officials say. NEW YORK HOSPITAL TO PAUSE BABY DELIVERIES AFTER RESIGNATIONS OVER VACCINE MANDATE
- Article: UH, Cleveland Clinic CEOs worry COVID-19 vaccine mandates could lead to staff reduction, endangering patient care
- Article: AHA concerned federal vaccine mandate could exacerbate severe worker shortage
- Article: Some New York hospitals curtail service as vaccine mandate triggers staff crunch